The Standard of Truth

"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecution may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame; but the truth of God will go forth boldy, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done." - Joseph Smith, History of the Church, 4:540

Doctrine and Covenants, Section 4

"1) Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
"2) Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before god at the last day.
"3) Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;
"4) For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;
"5) And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.
"6) Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.
"7) Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen." - Doctrine and Covenants 4:1-7

My purpose as a missionary...

My purpose as a missionary is to "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptsim, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." - Preach My Gospel, page 1

28 June 2011

THOUGH WE ARE DIFFERENT IN MANY WAYS, WE STILL ARE CHILDREN OF GOD!

Amidst thinking of new ideas for a post, I decided to look at the posts that other missionaries have done. And there is only one thing that had crossed my mind. I don't know, maybe someone who reads this, sometime down the road, needs this.


While reading the posts of other missionaries, all I could think about was, "Man, I wish I was as good as all of them with good posts." Then I came across a few posts that answered my question. No, not directly, but in a way that I was able to get the answer that I needed.



A few talked about childhood hobbies, others talked about talents. What I wish to share with this is, we are all different. We had different lifestyles growing up. We have different talents. But there is one thing that is not one bit different for any of us. That is, We are children of a Heavenly Father and He loves us so much that He sent us here to help us fulfill His plan for us. Part of that plan for us is a plan to help us along the way, while we are here on this earth.



Once we understand this one most vital piece of information about each other, then we can figure out our talents and develop them to help others in ways that we could not help them otherwise.



My favorite things in the world are:



1) Reading.
I love to read different books (mainly the Bible and the Book of Mormon). Reading books helps me to learn things that I could not learn by myself. For example, the Bible and the Book of Mormon helps us to learn about our Savior.



2) Writing.

Although I am not the best of writers and English is not my best language, I love writing poems, plays, and stories to help me express myself in a way that I could do verbally.


3) Music.

I love, basically, anything that has to do with music. I love to play the flute and the piano. I love to sing. I love to compose my own music and lyrics as a way to express myself whenever I cannot express myself through reading and writing.


These are just some of my talents and hobbies. I want each and everyone of you to know that I know that talents are gifts from God. He has given them to us so that we can help Him to accomplish His plan for us. We can also use them to serve and touch others in ways that no one else can do. Let us each discover what our talents are and how we can develop and use them to help build the Kingdom of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment