The Standard of Truth

"The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecution may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame; but the truth of God will go forth boldy, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done." - Joseph Smith, History of the Church, 4:540

Doctrine and Covenants, Section 4

"1) Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
"2) Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before god at the last day.
"3) Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;
"4) For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;
"5) And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.
"6) Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.
"7) Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen." - Doctrine and Covenants 4:1-7

My purpose as a missionary...

My purpose as a missionary is to "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptsim, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." - Preach My Gospel, page 1

30 September 2011

Heavenly Father DOES Love us!

Call me crazy. Go ahead, do it. But I must tell you something. No matter what you call me, it will not change the way I feel today. I feel so grateful to my Father in Heaven. He truly does love me! He truly does love you! You can come to know of this love that He has for us for yourselves. All you need to do is turn to Him in prayer and ask Him!

From my own experiences, I tell you that He does love you. I don't mean to say that I know exactly how He show you His love for you. I couldn't possibly do that. But what I can do is tell you how I know that He loves you, by how he shows me in my own personal life.

He has shown me His love for me by blessing me tremendously! One example of these blessings is: He has placed people in my life to help me. My parents, siblings, and family (He has placed them in my life to teach me and raise me); my priesthood leaders (He has placed them in my life to guide me); my mission president (the one man who can help me, and is helping me, in a way that no other could while I am on my mission); and my mission companions (the Lord has had a specific thing for them to help me with - and maybe even me to help them with. Each one of them has help me in a way I never thought possible - even though I didn't always get along with all of them!).

There are many more people that have been placed in my life for a reason that I have not mentioned (either because I have yet to meet them, or because I have yet to figure out why they have been placed in my life).

There are some where sometimes I wonder "why were they placed in my life? I wish I had never met them. I can't stand them." But even they are placed in our lives for a reason. Even if it is just to help us learn patience, it is a reason.

With all people placed in our lives (whether we can get along or not), let us strive to call them "friend" as the Savior Jesus Christ has called us "friend". Let us say as He said: "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friend. Ye are my friends, if you do whatsoever I command you." See John 15:13-14.

This does not mean that we must always lay down our lives (die) for our friends. We must be willing to give up our lives for them. But that may not be required of us. If it isn't, there is something that will be required of us to show our love for them.

I am grateful for the people that I have met and that I will meet. Thank you all for all that you do for me (even if at the time I don't seem very grateful...)!

1 comment:

  1. I know that Heavenly Father loves me also. I think of how much I love my children and this has helped me realize that Heavenly Father loves all his children. I see miracles that happen every day that show me that Heavenly Father loves me. I am convinced that Heavenly Father loves me and all the children in the world. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us to become loving and caring like Him.

    ReplyDelete